What Conditions and Treatments Does
Functional Medicine Address?
Functional medicine looks for the diagnosis and treatment of the causes of illness and lack of well-being, not just at the symptoms. This is done with an in-depth history intake (yes, what you have to say is important!), a physical exam and the latest scientific (both conventional and alternative) testing when appropriate. Treatment often includes natural medicines and quality nutrients to support the healing process. Intravenous as well as oral therapies may be used. Dr. Klausner is a active member of ILADS and ACAM.
What kinds of functional medicine treatments are offered?
- chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia – conventional and holistic approaches
- bio-identical hormones, thyroid dysfunctions, heavy metal toxicity, environmental toxins, diet, nutrition and lifestyle changes
- allergy and digestive disorder testing and treatments
- IV therapies including chelation, vitamin C, hydrogen peroxide, alpha lipoic acid, phospholipids (phosphotidyl choline), ultraviolet blood irradiation with ozone, immune boosters
- mold, neurotoxins – diagnosis and treatments
- Lyme disease and Lyme co-infections – diagnosis and treatment